Can't wait the full game!!! i love it!!!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is a free demo for an ongoing Kickstarter campaign.
- Explore the vast world of Solemn. Enchanted Forests, Bustling Fishing Towns, & Dark Mining Caves are some of the few places to visit.
- Meet Townsfolk and convince them to stay in your town. Perhaps meeting people will unlock your memories of the past…
- Collect rare items and materials found across the world and bring them back to your town for selling and crafting!
- Harvest materials by chopping wood, mining ores, catching bugs, and fishing in rivers and ponds!
- Unlock new structures to build by meeting new Townsfolk. Want a Tavern or a Lumber Mill? How about a Fishing Hut or a Magical Library? Your town's design is all up to you!
- Fulfill your Townsfolk's requests. Some may want to live on a higher elevation, others may want to be surrounded by trees and water. Fulfilling the requests of your Townsfolk will earn you their hearts and unlock new relationship paths.
- Gathering: Whether you’re picking fruit or picking weeds, your gathering skill will level up! The Gatherer’s Glove is needed to unlock this ability.
- Mining: Looking for shiny ores to collect? Interested in rare materials for crafting? Then mining is for you!
- Woodcutting: Those pesky trees and debris that keep popping up all over town needs to be chopped! Wood is an essential material for building new structures and furniture.
- Bug Catching: Craft a Bug Net and catch all sorts of critters. Be sure to go bug hunting during each season and at different times of the day!
- Fishing: There's nothing quite like relaxing by a pond with a fishing rod in hand. You can sell fish for a decent price at the Shopping District, or use them as ingredients for new cooking dishes.
- Farming: Plant some seeds in tilled soil and wait a few days. Veggies are an essential ingredient to many cooking recipes! Also, they make your town look pretty.
- Cooking: Once you've built the Tavern and have become good friends with Bubsy, you'll be able to start cooking delicious meals for your Townsfolk! Maybe you can attract rare Townsfolk by serving unique dishes...
- Crafting: There are tons of structures, decorative monuments, and furniture to craft. Often times your Townsfolk will request specific objects that they would like to be placed in their home. Make sure you gather enough building materials!
- Merchanting: Selling items at the Shopping District will net you large sums of Dewdrops, which is the main currency in Solemn. As you become a better Merchant, rarer items will appear for you to buy!
- Tarott Master: Once the Dark Wizard was defeated, all of his monsters were sealed away into Tarott Cards. Many Townsfolk collect and battle with these cards, and there is even a big competition held each year in Dirboros. Get collecting!
Download & extract game folder.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Fun game ! Can't wait until the full release.
Hello, I downloaded it and extracted it. But when I open the game it says the version wasn't compatible with my version and I have to check its 32-bit or 64-bit?? Well, I'm either one のwの
Kidding you, I'm 32-bit Maybe this game is in 64-bit?? Please check on it. I want to play so badly TTnTT
This was a wonderful demo that brought me back to my childhood. When I was young I played a lot of Harvest Moon (especially 64), so my mind naturally jumped to that (even if it isn't the most applicable comparison). After playing some of Littlewood's demo I then thought of Dark Cloud, another game from my childhood that I love. I was very happy when I looked at the Influences list and saw Dark Cloud mentioned.
Littlewood's premise is unique (I can't think of any other games that take place after the big bad is defeated with a focus on rebuilding, at least) and the characters are (so far) cool and seem to have a good amount of personality to them. I hope that the final version will provide each character with a lot of dialogue, being able to converse with them all more times per day, and have their dialogue not be tied to the day (aside from special event-specific conversations, of course). I also hope we will be able to visit areas outside of our town. Some wilderness areas would be nice.
I have played through the demo three times so as to play with the town editing. I am eagerly awaiting the game's release. You've gotten my hopes up, please don't let me down.
I absolutely loved this experience!!! is the first time where i can get to play a game made recently that remenber meold games like pokemon red! Keep the standard UP!
Ah! and a last think when i've finished the Demo but the game didn't save so i'm a bit worried if you do update this Demo... If you do update the demo pls fix this little problem.
I absolutely loved that demo! I want more haha! Really cool and cute game with a lots of possibilities for the future! keep it up!
Have you considered participating in our Game Developers World Championship ? The competition is totally free and with winning prizes ! Our mission is to support and reward the Indie game developer community.
If you are interested in joining in please check out our website for more details:
I'd love to play it but the game thinks I'm pressing down at all times so I can't even make my character without a lot of struggle, and don't get me started with typing my name! My keyboard's fine so I'm not entirely sure what's causing it...
I didn't have this problem, i think you should check again
Loved the concept!
Great idea :)
I loved Littlewood! The characters are fun, the colors are warm and bright, and the art style is adorable. I also really liked the concept.
Super cute game! Absolutely loved it! I only had one problem, when you're building something, it'd be nice if it didn't move you cause I wound up getting stuck next to a house, a tree, and mailbox and didn't know I could just move things yet, but luckily moving the mailbox teleported me away. Made a video, I hope you enjoy!
I played this last month for my Indie Game Showcase. I absolutely loved this game and am looking forward to it's release.
this was amazing! Can't wait to see more!
anyone like my bedroom?
What program did you use for this? I'd like to make an mmorpg type game myself.
why lag in moving?
This game is too cute! Fairly similar to Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon but it's such an adorable and cute take on the genre.
I loved the way the game started (the player being the hero of a previous (unseen) game/story was such a neat idea) and, generally speaking, the progression to begin with felt good (The progression will likely change as the game gets more developed, I'm sure ;P)
I'm so excited to see this early demo of the game develop into a full length game :D
I made a little video of my first Impression of the demo, and I'm going to be playing it a little more yet ;P
I made a little follow up video, just cause I missed a little bit towards the end of the demo ;P
This right here, this is the most exciting demo I've played for a long while. And there's a whole bunch of reasons for that!
Firstly, it hits my nostalgia gland pretty hard. The old school style and design instantly appeals to the kid in me that played way too much Harvest Moon on the Game Boy. And at the same time it has a very modern feel to it, an updated retro feel!
Next, everything just flows so nicely. You wake up, talk to a character, learn how to do a thing and then go and do the thing. Then you learn a new thing and do that, all the while picking up on other little things in between. In the space of the five days you can play in the demo I experienced so much, and I can only imagine how much more there is!
Also, the characters are instantly likable. I love everyone I've encountered so far (even if I did mercilessly rib most of them and denied one of them a bed). It's such a feelgood game, it really perked up my day just playing it!
Finally, the huge amounts of customization you can put out there to manipulate the landscape and make room for new buildings and eventually the farmland is mind-boggling. I can't wait to get more into that and will definitely, definitely be grabbing a copy of this when it comes out. I must get more people into Bumville!
Congrats on the success of the Kickstarter campaign, and be sure to take players' experiences and opinions to heart as you continue to develop the game, and after release too! Close communication with the community is really what makes good games great. Keep up the awesome work! =)
even this is only a demo, can you make it longer? only longer even tho its a demo
Congrats on the successful Kickstarter. I'll definitely get this on Steam once it's released. ^^ I'd like to share my thoughts and feedback if you don't mind. You're probably already fixing some issues as we speak since the release date is nearing, but maybe you'd like to hear it nonetheless.
- I love the premise of the forgotten identity and rebuilding a town.
- The customization / crafting options are insane! My mouth literally fell open when I found out I could change the structure and appearance of my town to its full extent.
- I like the automatic tool selection. It's very user friendly.
- I'm glad there isn't any time pressure and the game uses energy to progress time instead. This is very relaxing and also calls for some strategic thinking regarding time management, which I also enjoy.
- The characters are likeable and spark my curiosity.
- The sound effects are very satisfying.
- I have a pretty good laptop (i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti) but it didn't take long before the fans started blowing and my CPU began to overheat.
- The player movement felt a bit wonky. I couldn't accurately predict my movements and bumped into objects a lot. When I pressed a button it felt like the walking animation continued on a tad too long.
- I would personally like to see how much energy points I still have left alongside the energy bar.
WOW! I love this and I wanna play more! Bubsy!! 💌
its so cute but controls not liking no use of the mouss but hopefully u can use a controller on steam in may awsone whats the date
I just tried the demo. It feels a lot like Animal Crossing with a dash of Dark Cloud... but unfortunately it runs very poorly on my computer. All the same I look forward to Littlewood's release. Admittedly it would had been a nice surprise if this was a full action-adventure (as implied from dialogue) with this massive post-game system but as a pure construction/crafting adventure this is very pleasant with a good excuse for why you are rebuilding a town yourself.
Quick edit: Littlewood running poorly is not something the game itself may be at fault for. My computer is old and doesn't handling some things well.
This game is just so darn adorable to the max and back! what a great idea about being a hero who has already saved the day! i had some fun giving the first little bit a whirl!
This is a really cute game with intuitive mechanics and some nice graphics. My only issue is the days feel a little too short (might just be in the demo though) and sometimes when I build something, the game would trap me in an inconvenient spot.
Otherwise I'm looking forward to seeing the full game.
I just finished the demo. The game looks promising.
does this work on XP?
its up to u to rip off a game
in demo version i saw 2 Willow ...
Can i make youtube content with this game?
Honestly no, it's a simple demo which is up to five days and then it stars over.
so.. you say they can't make a video on it just because it's short? they can if they want to, even if it's a short video review
When I placed the store I got stuck behind it.
Very cute. Do have some criticisms, but overall think it has a lot of potential!!
Littlewood is the first game in years that made me want to replay the demo immediately after finishing it. It's a quaint living sim with a RPG satire flavor, scratching all the right itches for Animal Crossing and SimCity fans alike. Can't wait for the full release!
I pressed continue, the key on my laptop and it won't even let me access the game. Wow such quality.
Played the demo, absolutely fell in love with it. Can't wait for the final version!
I love it! It's such a cute and interesting game, I can't wait to play the full version.