Whow reminds mee of the 80s lolol
A downloadable game
This is a free demo for an ongoing Kickstarter campaign.
- Explore the vast world of Solemn. Enchanted Forests, Bustling Fishing Towns, & Dark Mining Caves are some of the few places to visit.
- Meet Townsfolk and convince them to stay in your town. Perhaps meeting people will unlock your memories of the past…
- Collect rare items and materials found across the world and bring them back to your town for selling and crafting!
- Harvest materials by chopping wood, mining ores, catching bugs, and fishing in rivers and ponds!
- Unlock new structures to build by meeting new Townsfolk. Want a Tavern or a Lumber Mill? How about a Fishing Hut or a Magical Library? Your town's design is all up to you!
- Fulfill your Townsfolk's requests. Some may want to live on a higher elevation, others may want to be surrounded by trees and water. Fulfilling the requests of your Townsfolk will earn you their hearts and unlock new relationship paths.
- Gathering: Whether you’re picking fruit or picking weeds, your gathering skill will level up! The Gatherer’s Glove is needed to unlock this ability.
- Mining: Looking for shiny ores to collect? Interested in rare materials for crafting? Then mining is for you!
- Woodcutting: Those pesky trees and debris that keep popping up all over town needs to be chopped! Wood is an essential material for building new structures and furniture.
- Bug Catching: Craft a Bug Net and catch all sorts of critters. Be sure to go bug hunting during each season and at different times of the day!
- Fishing: There's nothing quite like relaxing by a pond with a fishing rod in hand. You can sell fish for a decent price at the Shopping District, or use them as ingredients for new cooking dishes.
- Farming: Plant some seeds in tilled soil and wait a few days. Veggies are an essential ingredient to many cooking recipes! Also, they make your town look pretty.
- Cooking: Once you've built the Tavern and have become good friends with Bubsy, you'll be able to start cooking delicious meals for your Townsfolk! Maybe you can attract rare Townsfolk by serving unique dishes...
- Crafting: There are tons of structures, decorative monuments, and furniture to craft. Often times your Townsfolk will request specific objects that they would like to be placed in their home. Make sure you gather enough building materials!
- Merchanting: Selling items at the Shopping District will net you large sums of Dewdrops, which is the main currency in Solemn. As you become a better Merchant, rarer items will appear for you to buy!
- Tarott Master: Once the Dark Wizard was defeated, all of his monsters were sealed away into Tarott Cards. Many Townsfolk collect and battle with these cards, and there is even a big competition held each year in Dirboros. Get collecting!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Great Game! Made a gameplay video for my channel:More coming soon!
Cute little game reminiscent of Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon. It's super casual and yet just as addicting. Good way to make a few hours disappear in the blink of an eye. Vibrant and beautiful graphics and very refreshing vibe to it overall. Will definitely play the full game!♡
Would you like your game to be in our JRPG game jam.. because its looks quite like it.
would be great on a console =/
Are you planning on making the full version of the game available on Itch when it finally leaves Early Access, or will it be Steam-only? I would love to buy it here if possible at that time.
Uhm.. Help please! How do I download this demo version? I'm new to itch.io... ^^'
The free demo download is actually on the Kickstarter page. Just click on the link, scroll down and hit the download. Littlewood also just released early access today too! 🥰
Aaah I see! Thanks! :)
Yeah, I know about the early access version. That's the reason why I'm looking for the demo version in the first place: I would like to check out the game before actually buying it. ^^
I love this game! I can't wait for the rest of the game to come out! It's awesome! If you guys want to see some of the gameplay I made a video for it. Definitely recommend this game to anyone that liked Stardew Valley or just story games with some sort of RPG aspect.
play bout an hour. so far so good. only think that buggs me is not very comfortable walking.
I liked it a lot! It gives me a Stardew Valley feel, but you guys have definitely made it your own game and I think others are going to enjoy it too. Some constructive criticism: The walk cycle is a little bit hard to look at and seems to make to game lag or freeze. Another thing it that the controls that you have right now for PC are really hard to use and feel uncomfortable. And last but not least, it would be cool if you could rotate some of the items. Not all of them, I understand that the buildings are facing the viewer to make it easy to see the doorway, but if you could turn items like the bed it would be nicer. That's all I could think of as it was a really well thought out game and I can't wait to see the finished project.
The only thing I've found that rotates are chairs in the houses, and really it just flips them horizontally. After you pick the item up and it is in-'hand' press R to flip/rotate the item. Since it is a mechanic, I'd recommend trying it on different things and try them again after updates. (I was disappointed I couldn't rotate beds but I'll be happy with chairs facing tables for now.)
The one that really got me was that you can only place dirt road stairs up cliffs on the south side. I was going nuts trying to place one on the north side of a raised area for a while. Speaking of which, does anyone know if you can craft new dirt roads or is that a chest/reward item only? (Same goes for tilled soil)
Oh this was fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished product
Grate game would recommend it to anyone cant wait to see it progress
This game tho. Its one of the best!!! I totally recommend it and its a abloute yes for a free game. Cant wait for the full game!
Looks really good! I am eager to play the full thing.
sucha cute and fun game I look forward to playing it once its out.
Can't wait the full game!!! i love it!!!
Fun game ! Can't wait until the full release.
Hello, I downloaded it and extracted it. But when I open the game it says the version wasn't compatible with my version and I have to check its 32-bit or 64-bit?? Well, I'm either one のwの
Kidding you, I'm 32-bit Maybe this game is in 64-bit?? Please check on it. I want to play so badly TTnTT
This was a wonderful demo that brought me back to my childhood. When I was young I played a lot of Harvest Moon (especially 64), so my mind naturally jumped to that (even if it isn't the most applicable comparison). After playing some of Littlewood's demo I then thought of Dark Cloud, another game from my childhood that I love. I was very happy when I looked at the Influences list and saw Dark Cloud mentioned.
Littlewood's premise is unique (I can't think of any other games that take place after the big bad is defeated with a focus on rebuilding, at least) and the characters are (so far) cool and seem to have a good amount of personality to them. I hope that the final version will provide each character with a lot of dialogue, being able to converse with them all more times per day, and have their dialogue not be tied to the day (aside from special event-specific conversations, of course). I also hope we will be able to visit areas outside of our town. Some wilderness areas would be nice.
I have played through the demo three times so as to play with the town editing. I am eagerly awaiting the game's release. You've gotten my hopes up, please don't let me down.
I absolutely loved this experience!!! is the first time where i can get to play a game made recently that remenber meold games like pokemon red! Keep the standard UP!
Ah! and a last think when i've finished the Demo but the game didn't save so i'm a bit worried if you do update this Demo... If you do update the demo pls fix this little problem.
I absolutely loved that demo! I want more haha! Really cool and cute game with a lots of possibilities for the future! keep it up!
Have you considered participating in our Game Developers World Championship ? The competition is totally free and with winning prizes ! Our mission is to support and reward the Indie game developer community.
If you are interested in joining in please check out our website for more details:
I'd love to play it but the game thinks I'm pressing down at all times so I can't even make my character without a lot of struggle, and don't get me started with typing my name! My keyboard's fine so I'm not entirely sure what's causing it...
I didn't have this problem, i think you should check again
Loved the concept!
Great idea :)
I loved Littlewood! The characters are fun, the colors are warm and bright, and the art style is adorable. I also really liked the concept.
Super cute game! Absolutely loved it! I only had one problem, when you're building something, it'd be nice if it didn't move you cause I wound up getting stuck next to a house, a tree, and mailbox and didn't know I could just move things yet, but luckily moving the mailbox teleported me away. Made a video, I hope you enjoy!
The nice thing about that mechanic is it allows you to teleport out of those situations or to high/low spots on the map that would otherwise take a long time to walk to. Just open build mode, select the move or destroy option, move the selection tile to where you want to teleport, then back out of the menus. Boom, you're there!
I played this last month for my Indie Game Showcase. I absolutely loved this game and am looking forward to it's release.
this was amazing! Can't wait to see more!
anyone like my bedroom?
What program did you use for this? I'd like to make an mmorpg type game myself.
why lag in moving?
This game is too cute! Fairly similar to Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon but it's such an adorable and cute take on the genre.
I loved the way the game started (the player being the hero of a previous (unseen) game/story was such a neat idea) and, generally speaking, the progression to begin with felt good (The progression will likely change as the game gets more developed, I'm sure ;P)
I'm so excited to see this early demo of the game develop into a full length game :D
I made a little video of my first Impression of the demo, and I'm going to be playing it a little more yet ;P
I made a little follow up video, just cause I missed a little bit towards the end of the demo ;P
This right here, this is the most exciting demo I've played for a long while. And there's a whole bunch of reasons for that!
Firstly, it hits my nostalgia gland pretty hard. The old school style and design instantly appeals to the kid in me that played way too much Harvest Moon on the Game Boy. And at the same time it has a very modern feel to it, an updated retro feel!
Next, everything just flows so nicely. You wake up, talk to a character, learn how to do a thing and then go and do the thing. Then you learn a new thing and do that, all the while picking up on other little things in between. In the space of the five days you can play in the demo I experienced so much, and I can only imagine how much more there is!
Also, the characters are instantly likable. I love everyone I've encountered so far (even if I did mercilessly rib most of them and denied one of them a bed). It's such a feelgood game, it really perked up my day just playing it!
Finally, the huge amounts of customization you can put out there to manipulate the landscape and make room for new buildings and eventually the farmland is mind-boggling. I can't wait to get more into that and will definitely, definitely be grabbing a copy of this when it comes out. I must get more people into Bumville!
Congrats on the success of the Kickstarter campaign, and be sure to take players' experiences and opinions to heart as you continue to develop the game, and after release too! Close communication with the community is really what makes good games great. Keep up the awesome work! =)
The ease of and ability to shape the landscape without a cost is one of the things I really like about the game. No crazy planning, just move the landscape and buildings if you want to reorganize. Beautiful. Relaxing.
even this is only a demo, can you make it longer? only longer even tho its a demo
Congrats on the successful Kickstarter. I'll definitely get this on Steam once it's released. ^^ I'd like to share my thoughts and feedback if you don't mind. You're probably already fixing some issues as we speak since the release date is nearing, but maybe you'd like to hear it nonetheless.
- I love the premise of the forgotten identity and rebuilding a town.
- The customization / crafting options are insane! My mouth literally fell open when I found out I could change the structure and appearance of my town to its full extent.
- I like the automatic tool selection. It's very user friendly.
- I'm glad there isn't any time pressure and the game uses energy to progress time instead. This is very relaxing and also calls for some strategic thinking regarding time management, which I also enjoy.
- The characters are likeable and spark my curiosity.
- The sound effects are very satisfying.
- I have a pretty good laptop (i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti) but it didn't take long before the fans started blowing and my CPU began to overheat.
- The player movement felt a bit wonky. I couldn't accurately predict my movements and bumped into objects a lot. When I pressed a button it felt like the walking animation continued on a tad too long.
- I would personally like to see how much energy points I still have left alongside the energy bar.
Oh yeah, I will say that I wish there was a way, at a glance, to see how many resources you have available. Maybe something like a classic RTS would show them at the top/bottom of the screen. The game Foundation does things nicely in this respect with all informational screens being in moveable windows.
That would also be a neat addition to the game; allowing assignment of NPCs to jobs. Ash seems to be a simplified version of a harvester/miner but that's just triggered by having the Quarry so I'd imagine that the 'auto-mining' is a mechanic of the Quarry and not the NPC.
I've seen several people commenting on difficulties with character movement but I haven't noticed any issues. I'm playing the Steam version, so I'm not sure if maybe it was revamped for that one.
WOW! I love this and I wanna play more! Bubsy!! 💌